Craniosacral Therapy also called CST, or cranial osteopathy, it is a gentle, non-invasive, hands-on technique. Craniosacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on approach that releases tensions in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction and improve health and performance.
Therapists gently work with the body as a whole but focus is on the spine and the skull, and its cranial sutures, diaphragms, and fascia. By using the hands as fine discriminating tools, applying light pressure(about 5 grams).
Patients remain clothed during a treatment and treatments generally are one hour long.
How a treatment helps:
• helps restore normal cranial mobility
• releases abnormal myofascial restrictions and tensions in the body
• releases abnormal restrictions in the head
• eases restrictions of nerves
• optimizes cerebrospinal fluid movement through the central nervous system
• helps restore misaligned bones to their proper positions (assisting troubles with back, hips, shoulders, knees)
Craniosacral Therapy is beneficial for:
• birth traumas and other perinatal challenges
• infant latching and feeding difficulties
• recurrent ear infections
• facial asymmetries and eye motor problems
• learning disabilities, A.D.D., A.D.H.D
• gross and fine motor problems
• developmental delays, autism
• tinnitus, hearing loss and vertigo
• TMJ syndrome
• stress disorders and insomnia
• muscle and joint pain or injury
• many neurological conditions and pain syndromes